Nationally, the Government have committed funding of £150 million to improve the quality of sport and PE in schools. This was jointly funded by the Department for Education, Health & Culture and Media & Sport.
Purpose of the funding
Schools are required to spend the funding on improving provision of PE and sport but will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
In the academic year 2015-16, Roseacre Primary Academy received £10,670. Please click here for details of the participation in the before and after school, sports premium clubs for the year 2015-2016 and 2016-2017.
In the academic year 2016-17, Roseacre Primary Academy received £10,630. Please click here for the impact of this funding.
In the academic year 2017-18, Roseacre Primary Academy received £21,250. Please click here for the 2017-18 planned Sports Premium spend.
The funding is being used to facilitate the following:
- providing specialist teaching in games & dance;
- providing training for teachers & support staff;
- establishing breakfast & after school clubs where the activities will change half termly (for details see the extra-curricular activities page Extra Curricular Activities);
- establishing girls-only sports clubs;
- Enabling children to attend out of school competitions;
- Employing a full time sports coach;
- Providing sports clubs at lunchtime;
- Work with able, gifted and talented children providing out of school opportunities;
- Providing outdoor and adventurous activities for children;
- Provide sports equipment to improve the quality of lessons in school.